1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball thread No. 7: Somebody slip the pinstripers a Mickey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

That's four starts this year Greinke has allowed one run or no runs and not won.

2. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I thought Josh Lewin was going to cry in the 9th.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

May 9 -- 8 innings, 1 run, 4 hits, 5 Ks, 0 walks at Los Angeles Angels; lost 1-0
    May 21 -- 6 innings, 2 runs, 8 hits, 8 Ks, 2 walks at Cleveland; left with 3-2 lead but no decision in 8-3 loss
    July 3 -- 6 innings, 2 runs, 9 hits, 6 Ks, 1 walk vs. White Sox; lost 5-0
    July 8 -- 6 innings, 3 runs, 7 hits, 9 Ks, 2 walks at Detroit; lost 3-1
    July 18 -- 7 innings, 1 run, 9 hits, 7 Ks, 3 walks vs. TB; left with 2-1 lead but no decision in 4-2 loss
    July 24 -- 7 innings, 1 run, 3 hits, 10 Ks, 3 walks vs. Texas; lost 2-0
    July 29 -- 6 innings, 2 runs, 5 hits, 7 Ks, 1 walk at Baltimore; left with 3-2 lead but no decision in 7-3 loss
    August 14 -- 7 innings, 0 runs, 3 hits, 7 Ks, 4 walks at Detroit; left 0-0 game but no decision in 1-0 loss

Eight games -- 53 innings, 12 earned runs, 48 hits, 59 Ks, 16 walks; 9 Royals runs in support

Royals lost half of those games via shutout and another one with only one run. And the other three, the bullpen blew leads. The Royals have given Greinke two runs or less a total of nine times.

Say the Royals win half of these eight games, Greinke would have 15 wins and would more than likely be the frontrunner for the Cy Young. Instead, Beckett, Hernandez and Halladay are being talked about as the likely winner this season. It's a shame because Greinke deserves better than this.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

How about that Ryan Howard? Looks like he's finding his power stroke again.

5. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Cleveland Spiders reference? Thanks for stopping by, Mr. Olbermann. :D

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Don't think that thought didn't cross my mind too.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

:)

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

What the fuck's a frush?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

A cycle? I drink to that!!!

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

MLB Network just showed a short piece on the 20th anniversary of Dave Dravecky's comeback. Holy crap, I didn't see that clip of his last pitch right before bed.

One of those sights you'll never, ever get out of your head as long as you live.

11. Football_Bat

The news from Ranger County goes from worse to worser. Evan Grant reporting that Saltalamacchia is done for the year.

Triple-A is no option with a hurt Max Ramirez and some kid who has no business being in a playoff race. And Broke Ass Hicks has tied Jonny Boy's purse strings.

Enjoy your wild card, Red Sox.

12. Football_Bat

Amending the above, Evan actually said Salty may be done. Not definite.

I would love to see them go get Pudge, if he's cleared waivers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.