1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball thread No. 7: Somebody slip the pinstripers a Mickey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mb

mb Active Member

And here I was about to suggest Brad Lidge go toss the ol' ball around with Myers' kid.

2. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

David Wright diagnosed with a concussion after getting drilled by Matt Cain, allowing the Mets to finally achieve the inevitable -- Wright, Reyes, Beltran and Delgado all hurt at the same time.

By the way, very weak move by Cain to tip his cap sarcastically to the NY fans who booed him as he left the mound later in the game.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

The Mets have nothing and guys are taking shots at David Wright's head with impugnity.

I think Fat Boy Sandoval needs to catch one in the ear hole Sunday.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Guy on my team gets hit in the head, and two of yours do. Period.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

He tipped his cap?
    He better come up in a suit of fucking armor.

6. mb

mb Active Member

Guy on your team gets hit in the head. OK.
    If you then respond by beaning somebody else *in the head*, you're going to be suspended so long you might not remember where the strike zone is by the time you're reinstated.

7. mb

mb Active Member

And, from what I read (which admittedly might be wrong), Johan stuck up for his boy by ... throwing behind Sandoval. And then giving up a bomb to him.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Throwing behind him is useless. Hit the mother fucker and hit him good.

9. mb

mb Active Member

Yeah, I was being sarcastic about Johan sticking up for him by throwing behind him. I don't think, however, that you retaliate by going after somebody else's head. Hit them anywhere you want below the neck with a fastball of whatever speed you want. But you can't go head-for-head.

10. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Sandoval flipped out the other day when he got buzzed by the Dodgers. If he got one in the ribs tomorrow, fine by me.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Ribs, shoulder, butt, back....take your pick and make it good.

12. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Damn right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.