1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball thread No. 7: Somebody slip the pinstripers a Mickey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Given that a torrid homosexual romance between manager and player is the only possible explanation for why Nick Punto -- hitting .209 and slugging .260 -- is still getting at-bats for the Twins, I come to SJ Baseball Nation with a simple question:

Who do you think is the top and who do you think is the bottom?

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

From Nick Punto's B-R page:

Uh-oh, Rexy, I don't think this one's got the distance.

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

What on Earth has happened to Francisco Liriano?

He's loaded the bases for the second inning in a row and already allowed three runs in the first.

EDIT: Make that five runs through 1.1 IP. He's already thrown 51 pitches so far.

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

August 2006 happened to him. But what a glorious three months it was before that. Remember when him and Santana were so dominant no one was going to want to face the Twins in the playoffs that year? Yeah.

Hey, Mauer up to .381.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Oakland apparently making no attempt to rub out the yard markers and any other signs that a football game recently was played there.

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I think that's a crossthread from the things we love about baseball thread.

7. Herbert Anchovy

They're white as snow. Tomko has an unfaded -50- right behind him.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Maybe the ghost of Carl Pohlad is making them do it. He struck as the kind of guy who would keep around a few gimps who could also play ball.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

On the flip side, Morton did have a 3.81 ERA in 10 starts for the Pirates before that game. One absolutely atrocious start aside, he's been solid for the Bucs.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Poor sonuvabitch is going to have one of the great offensive seasons of all time wasted.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Wish it were -30-. [/disgruntled Reds/M's/Padres/Cards/Dodgers/Royals/Yankees fan]

12. Herbert Anchovy

bw --

I can't believe he's starting a game, even in mid-August, and even for a shaggy-ass outfit like the A's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.