1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball thread No. 7: Somebody slip the pinstripers a Mickey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That's awesome!

You can guaran-damn-tee my wife would wear out the mouse button, refreshing the bank page. Bless her heart. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I'd laugh, but the White Sox have Scott Linebrink.

3. JackReacher

If one was so inclined, one could visit Boras' wiki page, where there's a list of his clients, and add up their contracts to see how much he made off each.

I'm too lazy. I'll just guess it's a hell of a lot of coin.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

When you get past all the bluster and whining about the overpaying of "unproven" amateurs, $15.6 for four years of Strasburg seems like a lot better value to the Nats (both on-field and from a marketing standpoint) then, say, $16 million for two years of Cristian Guzman. Money well spent.

5. JackReacher

Agreed completely. I mean, you knew the deal would eclipse the $10.5M that Prior got. For it to only go up to $15.1M.....that's a steal.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I don't know if it is a steal but it is a good, fair deal all the way around.
    For all the shit Boras catches, he did his crew pretty well yesterday and didn't seem to fuck over anyone in the process.

Did Aaron Crow sign with the Royals? I know for some reason the deadline didn't affect him. Just curious.
    I really hope he never pitches in the majors, not that I'm a petty sumbitch or anything.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I don't think Crow signed. But as you mentioned, he wasn't subject to the deadline because he has exhausted his college eligibility.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I wish I had $37.52 in the bank.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Guzman's agent is Jersey-based Stanley King, one of the scant few black agents.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

King's had a few good players, Ray Lankford and Jose Offerman among them. Larry Reynolds is probably the African-American agent with the best client list currently.

11. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Deal is in the works to bring Pudge Rodriguez back to the Rangers. The Astros would get two prospects in return.

Pudge would be backup catcher to Taylor Teagarden.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

2009 Cubs in games Aaron Miles played: 23-33 (.410)
    2009 Cubs in games Aaron Miles did not play: 37-22 (.627)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.