1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball thread No. 7: Somebody slip the pinstripers a Mickey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I did not realize Billy Butler was having such a solid season, and he's 3-for-3 with 2 RBIs already tonight.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And Morneau is out with dizziness.

Your AL MVP did hit his 24th HR, however.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Let's go Royals, let's go!

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Live it up there, Hank. The Tigers are assured of winning the Central, but they're getting their ass handed to 'em in the playoffs. If the Tigers somehow don't win the division, it'll be a colossal choke job. The Sox can't catch or run, and the Twins just suck.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Fuck you, you fucking guy.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Your AL MVP hits his 25th, ties game at 6.

What a shame this is.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Oh they aren't assured of winning anything. Not when your road record is 5-45 this year.

I've been saying all along the Tigers could win the Central, mainly because how craptacular it is. But their staying power isn't much (even with a playoff rotation of Verlander, Jackson, Washburn and Porcello).

No matter who wins, it's always fun to see the White Sox lose, as I'm sure Zeke agrees.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's like turning on the Three Stooges and getting a Shemp.

9. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

and Mauer rips a run-scoring single to right. 3-5, .383. Don't know if it was Mitch Williams or not, but on MLB Network, Reynolds was asked if he'd take Mauer or Pujols if starting a team, and the other analyst piped in with, "I don't know about you, but what about Derek Jeter?"

Definitely, since this is apparently 1998 and Mauer's a freshman in high school.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Come on. Shemp was still in some great episodes, like Malice in the Palace. It's like turning on the Stooges and getting a Curly Joe.

12. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

The Mexicutioner hurt his ankle on the second pitch of the ninth. White Sox fans booed while they tended to him and booed more when he threw some warmup tosses to test the ankle.

But he whiffed Dye, got Paulie to fly out to the warning track and got AJ to ground out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.