1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread Rated X -- Mature Audiences Only

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Sep 3, 2006.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Royals 5, Yankees 0.

Another contender downed by the Royals.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It's about time everybody else had to play the Royals!

Seriously, they've been playing some excellent ball lately, and playing spoiler to boot.

But the Twins shut out Tampa Bay to gain ground on the White Sox and Tigers.

Four behind Detroit, 1.5 ahead of the fricking Pale Hose.

Did I mention, Francisco Liriano returns on Sept. 14?

I might have to shell out the $250 for playoff ticket priority after all...

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Sanchez is a righty, but Loewen and De La Rosa -- who started tonight -- are lefties. I wonder if throwing lefties at the Yankees is the way to go.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Lefties like... Santana and Liriano?

I'm giddy tonight.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And it shows. Yeah, Santana and Liriano would probably work quite nicely -- against anyone.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Hey, the Royals shut out the Yankees.

You can be giddy, too.

I won't tell.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm giddy, but because the season has been over for some time, I have to admit that my main concern this week is how Charlie Batch does tomorrow night -- and how soon Big Ben can come back.

But hey, if the Royals could win series against the Yankees AND Red Sox, that would make my season.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The Yankees have always done pretty well against Santana, especially in the postseason a couple of years ago. As far as Liriano, has he faced the Yankees yet?

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Just looked it up ... Liriano threw 1.2 scoreless innings against the Yankees in April, but that's the only time he's faced them.

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The Red Sox are going to blast Contreras tomorrow. Hawktard will be unhappy.

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Still only out of the bullpen tho, right?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Haven't heard for sure, but I'd guess that would be the case, given the way they babied him earlier in the year.

From what I've read, the injury isn't anything where he can hurt himself more, they're mostly worried about how many pitches he will throw in the year.

Should the Twins make the playoffs, you might see an arrangement where he gets a start on a fairly low pitch count and they plan on splitting the game among him and Bonser or Garza and the pen.

Draft saved Draft deleted