1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread Rated X -- Mature Audiences Only

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Well, another BoSock got a hit off Contreras, Coras with a pussy-ass bingo up the middle, but Contreras finally retired Crisp on a flyball and then easily got the next shlub.

He's still throwing well after 8.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

While I'm sure some will, I can't hold the pulling of Silva against Gardenhire.

He got six strong innings out of him, and had a chance to go to what has been a fantastic bullpen to get nine outs and sweep the series.

It should have given him a chance to use Neshek for three outs, Rincon for three and Nathan for three, with Reyes available to spot up any lefty. Everybody was available because Santana went eight last night.

Neshek hung a couple, which sidearmers are apt to do, and they lost.

Fuck it. Bring on the White Sox.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

This is not good for my blood pressure.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Not great?

I'd say it's been utterly disastrous.

This Beckett trade could be an all-timer if Beckett folds like a pup-tent like I expect him to.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And more importantly, it delays the start of his arbitration clock.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Cubs win! Dusty will not tolerate being in last place.

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Uh, Zeke......the Twins begin a four-game series against Detroit tomorrow. And the Twins trail Detroit by four games.

Forget the Chisox!

8. pallister

pallister Guest

You're grounded!

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Wow, didn't realize that series was coming up. What a great chance for the Twins.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

I guess I'll root for a Twins sweep.

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

The Reds may in fact be done, but the move to the 60-day DL is a playoff maneuver. I'm not sure of the exact wording or whatever, but if you have someone on the 60-day DL, it gives you flexibility in determining a playoff roster.

12. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

This post is the only thing which stands between you and being grounded yourself. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted