1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread Rated X -- Mature Audiences Only

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Sep 3, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Rosie --

I know. I actually have tickets to Sunday's game.

What I meant was, neither the Twins nor White Sox can seem to gain any ground on each other in the WC race. So lets just skip all this preliminary BS and play the White Sox i nthe final three-game series to see who gets in.

After Liriano is back, of course.

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

You're going to Sunday's game and didn't invite me?! :mad:

Actually, if I can work it out schedule-wise, I'm planning on going to one of the Twins/Chisox games in that last home series.

But I'm sure hoping for a series sweep over Detroit!! *fingers crossed!!*

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

I guess I won't mention that Joe Mauer is 5 for his last 33, down to .345 (heading for .325) and only a point ahead of eventual AL batting titlist Derek Jeter.

But I would so love to see the Twinkies sweep the fradulent and fast fading Tigers this weekend.

I'm still willing to bet the Tigers not only blow the division but finish 3rd and miss the playoffs.

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Don't be so fast to count Mauer out yet, spnited.

The only thing keeping this looser Twins fangirl from cussing you out is that you would love to see the Twins sweep the Tigers this weekend. ;)

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Batting .345 while providing excellent defense at the most grueling position on the field. Yeah, he sucks.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Geez, OOP, I never said he sucks.
    At least Zeke and Rosie understand I'm tweaking Twins fans with the Mauer bashing.

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Besides that, if I'm going to bash Favre unmercilessly this season, I have to be able to take some Mauer bashing in payment. ;D

(Yes, I know, different sports, and Favre-bashing has nothing to do with spnited, but you get the idea.)

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Josh Johnson not helping his ROY of the year or his team's causes tonight. Staked to a 3-0 lead after one he gives all three runs back and then serves up No. 54 to Ryan Howard.
    4-3 Phillies top third.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Mets 7-0 over Brad Penney and the supposedly decent Dodgers.
    Any other NL frauds for the 2006 World Series champs to worry about?

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The Marlins are 70-69, 16.5 games back of the Mets in the division race. I guess the Mets and Mets fans should be scared witless. Oh, the Marlins are three back in the wild card.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Cubs lose, fall back into last. Dusty will have to work his magic tomorrow night.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I know you never said he sucks... that was a bit of intentional overstatement with my sarcasm there. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted