1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread Rated X -- Mature Audiences Only

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Sep 3, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

There's a Packer fan hangout not too far away. Wonder what would happen if the Bears got up 38-0 and some serious razzing started?

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

With the chance to clinch the season series tomorrow, no less, with six of the nine games between the two being played at Fenway this season. And if that happens, I would love to see spnited chime in about how weak the AL Central is/how great the AL East is supposed to be.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

If?

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Don't start shit in a Packer bar.

You have been warned.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I'm not really going to do it. First of all, I'm not sure the Bears can score 38 unless they play the dogshit Lions.

Second, those guys wear the cheeseheads. All of them. They seem united in the cause.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yes, a Packers bar.

Where the pickup trucks are plentiful in the parking lot, the men and half the women have mustaches and there's beer and sausage for all.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Only Packers fans (and maybe Raiders fans and possibly Steelers fans) are dumb enough to start shit in another team's bar.

In fact, if you start shit in such a situation, you deserve to get your ass kicked.

On the other hand, if you keep it cool to respect the place you're in and someone starts shit with you just because of the hat/shirt, etc, you wear, then all bets are off.

Simple visiting bar etiquette.

And Doc, there's bar loud and there's me watchng the Bears loud. It's quite a sight, if I must say so myself.

8. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Silly me. I thought I stepped into the baseball thread. ;)

And being around Packer fans gives me a headache.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

I love this football threadjack.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, the Steelers' fans aren't the ones starting shit. They are the ones finishing it.

It's the Raiders fans who will do the most obnoxious thing possible at all times.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Marlins up 3-2, 1 out, man on first top of the 9th.

Girardi walks Howard to fac Conine, who has been on fire in teh series.

I'm sorry, I still make Howard hit for extra bases over Conine getting a single.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Now, in the 10th with the score tied, with man on 1st and second and two outs, the asshat INT walks Howard to load the bases for Conine.

Now, Conine's OBP becomes the percentage of a chance of driving in the go-ahead run.

EDIT: Conine hits a screaming liner that Willingham dives fully extended to haul in.

The Magic that is Joe Girardi.

Draft saved Draft deleted