1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread Rated X -- Mature Audiences Only

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Fanboy.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I made up his stats?

Addressing the comment, though:

If you aren't rooting for the Marlins to get in there, you have a screw loose.

Always root for the best possible story.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

No doubt...great story.

Kind of similar to the '97 "Freak Show" Pirates, a team with a $9 million payroll -- less than Albert Belle at the time -- that stayed in the NL Central race well into September.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that would mean good things for Loria, and I don't care for that guy to have any success.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Quite similar.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Twins 12, Tigers 0 in the 8th.

Whatever crafty grizzled baseball stratagems Leyland is thinking up to pull the team out of its swoon, he is apparently keeping under wraps yet another day, at least. :D

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Will the Cubs win another game this season?

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Who cares if they do, or don't?? :D :D

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

yeah the AL central blows. no one can make up any ground on the tigers. /spnited

this race is exciting. i know i'm a fanboy loser when it comes to the twins but i'm finally allowing myself to be a little bit confident in the twins chances. two games out and 1 1/2 up in the wild card with liriano coming back on wednesday looks pretty good about now.

of course liriano told everyone he was fine last time he came off the DL and he's saying it again so who knows how solid he'll be against the A's. and boof bonser needs another game like last night to be a solid No. 3 because demoting scott baker to the bullpen and replacing him with matt guerrier isn't making the rest of the division quiver.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Soriano 1 steal from 40-40

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Will the Tigers?

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Fox, fucking whores.... Red Sox-Yankees is their featured game Saturday.

Who can I assault?

Draft saved Draft deleted