1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread Rated X -- Mature Audiences Only

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Sep 3, 2006.

1. KP

KP Active Member

Which of these games would get a better national number for FOX?

Philadelphia at Houston 1:20 PM FOX
    Boston at NY Yankees 1:20 PM FOX Game 1
    Chicago Sox at Oakland 4:05 PM FOX
    Cincinnati at Chicago Cubs 4:05 PM
    San Francisco at St. Louis 4:05 PM FOX
    Tampa Bay at Toronto 4:07 PM
    San Diego at LA Dodgers 4:10 PM
    Minnesota at Cleveland 7:05 PM
    Baltimore at Detroit 7:05 PM
    Florida at Atlanta 7:05 PM FOX (Apparently triple-header)
    Milwaukee at Washington 7:05 PM
    NY Mets at Pittsburgh 7:05 PM
    Seattle at Kansas City 7:10 PM
    LA Angels at Texas 8:05 PM
    Boston at NY Yankees 8:05 PM Game 2
    Colorado at Arizona 9:40 PM

The only game I'm surprised isn't on FOX is SD-LA, but of course you can't play that at 1:20 EDT.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

The Phillies should be the national game.

Yankess aren't playing for anything.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Chicago Sox at Oakland looks good to me -- defending champs chasing a wild card playing the AL West leaders, who have not exactly put away a weak division.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Even a better idea.

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Nice to see Boston really can beat the worst team in the most overrated division in baseball. ::)

Royals still win season series over Bawston and was the team that started the Sawcks' demise.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

White Sox and Oakland play after the Red Sox-Yankees.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Teaches me to agree with him.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

When has TV not dictated when games would be? If ABC suddenly wants Iowa-Syracuse for college football, it can move the kickoff from noon to 3:30 Eastern time in a heartbeat (which happened, a friend of mine who went to the game didn't know about the time change, which was fine -- more time to tailgate). Like they couldn't change the starting time to put that game on TV.

9. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Clearly I owe you an apology for spouting off, watching the Tribe blow it and not coming back to take my medicine. ...

Accept my humble apologies sir (or madam).

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

After watching today's game in the dome, I have only this to say: Johan Santana is fucking amazing. I will tell my kids and grandkids about watching him pitch.

He didn't start with his best stuff today, and struggled through the first couple innings. Really, he did.

He just didn't give up a hit.

Then, he found his change, and proceeded to strike out eight of nine batters, the lone hit coming when he got too much of the plate with a 0-0 fastball. I honestly think he might have just been bored.

The Tigers had absolutely no chance.

Oh, and spnited, you'll be happy to know that Joe Mauer was 2-3 with two doubles, a sac fly, an RBI and an IBB.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

What about Ryan Howard, Chase Utley and Philly? I think that is a pretty damn good story, especially with Arthur Rhodes trying to single-handedly stop the team every time he pitches.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Not spnited, but:
    That's OK, Jeter went 2-for-4 with a double and a home run and four RBIs. If he plays enough while his team coasts to the division, he will win the batting title.

Draft saved Draft deleted