1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread Rated X -- Mature Audiences Only

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Sep 3, 2006.

1. KP

KP Active Member

He doesn't like running to cover first. He sure as hell ain't running from the dugout.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Trying to psychoanalyze Tavarez is a complex endeavor.

3. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Beltran gets hurt running into a wall to make a fabulous catch in a game his team didn't even need, and he winds up getting called soft as Charmin. This after continuing to play last season with a broken cheekbone. Un-fucking-believable.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Joe there are always going to be haters. There were people in Kansas City who didn't like Beltran because they didn't think he "played hard enough."

5. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

New York fans are required to whine about their best players, especially when they were signed as free agents.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And this is the same person declaring the Mets to be frauds because they had two bad games in a row offensively, one of them against Roy Oswalt, one of the best pitchers in the National League.

The Mets are far from a lock to go to the World Series, but the Padres may not have the hitters to take advantage of the Mets' pitching and the Dodgers are streaky enough that it is tough to say what they will do in the playoffs.

7. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

The Mets are the favorites if Pedro is healthy. If not, it's up for grabs. I'd rank the Mets first, the Cardinals second and throw the Padres and Dodgers in a hat. The Padres and Dodgers are deeper than the Cardinals, but depth doesn't matter much in the playoffs.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Agree with that.

Though, if the WC is Houston or Florida, I put them at the top because of the pitching.

LA losing Billingsley puts them a notch below, and Pedro is not healthy and won't be anything but a 6-inning pitcher at best in the postseason.

I guess Wells may be an X-factor and, with Peavy and Woody may be a pretty stout threesome, but Wells is so up and down at this point.

Cards have Carpenter, Pujols and pray for rain.

9. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

The Astros have virtually no chance. Five back in the loss column trailing five teams is a huge climb.

I like the Marlins' young pitching, but young pitchers tend to wear down in September.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

And Clemens got hurt last night.

I agree with you about guys making their first turn through 162 games having issues in September.

But, there will be a lot of young adrenaline pumping from here to the finish line.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Sure looked to me like the Yankees waltzed into Kauffman in front of a decidedly-pro Yankees crowd and had a walk in the park. Who cares that Hudson shut them down for seven, got to love that eighth inning.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I don't remember anything from the eighth inning on. Really, I don't. I've erased that from my memory already.

Draft saved Draft deleted