1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BBQ vs. Cheesesteaks: Super Bowl LVII running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 29, 2023.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It was a rookie hazing thing the Broncos did - he makes it work. No?

2. DanOregon

I'm guessing with the NFL Honors thing on next Thursday, they've ditched the Saturday voting for the HOF and stayed with the COVID early voting. The "knocks" being filmed this week. Still, it will be sad to hear from some of the finalists - who obviously weren't elected "campaign" for their inclusion on radio row next week. i imagine the league likes the new class to keep a low profile and keep everything on the "down low" - but could someone hurt their future chances if they announced that they clearly hadn't been selected?

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Yeah they've done it as part of the honors since 2020 -- I get it on a couple levels, since it adds to the program but also it was one of those things that doing it the day before the game took away from the focus on the selections since the turnaround was so quick. Now you have Friday and Saturday to celebrate them instead of line nine hours.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

FTFY

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

If you think Camden Yards is why the Phillies got a new stadium you might want to read up on Veterans Stadium.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  6. DanOregon

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It is not accurate to make generalizations about a person's abilities or intelligence based on their race. Furthermore, it is not appropriate to make assumptions or allegations about a person's work habits without evidence. Tony Romo, like all individuals, is unique and his abilities and qualities should be evaluated on their own merits.

As for your question about Tony Romo, it is not uncommon for former athletes to have a different level of familiarity and understanding with the game as they move further away from their playing days. This can be due to a variety of factors, including a decrease in time spent studying the game, changes in the game itself, or a shift in focus to other areas of life. However, it is not accurate to make sweeping statements about the abilities or intelligence of all former athletes based on the experiences of one individual.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Why? It’s a misdemeanor. He pointed a pistol at someone. Stiff fine, probation, 4-game suspension. The incident in college was unrelated and doesn’t factor in anyway.

10. DanOregon

TSP - I mentioned the "work habits" thing because they are very frequently tossed around when discussing non-white players, I don't like seeing it used on anyone, no matter their race. Found it unusual to see Romo tagged with it - that's all.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Fun fact: Brent Musburger’s last name auto-corrects to “alert urgent.”

12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

In theory: Tony Romo should know more about football than I do. So it confuses me when he diagnosed a highlight wrong.

He’ll be like, “This is just a simple zone run concept,” when it’s clearly and obviously a gap/power scheme.

Watching football technically - especially live - takes discipline. You can’t ball watch. Read the guards on the snap and build from there. The guards first move will generally tell you zone/gap/pass in an instant.

I hear Romo commentate, and he sounds more like a fan and less like a genuine subject matter expert.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted