1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BBQ vs. Cheesesteaks: Super Bowl LVII running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 29, 2023.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Never go full Bettman.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Means the times he beat a block, not a blown blocking assignment.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Was she a “self-employed model”?

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Prostitute

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think that is the definition of a pass rush win. I think sacks created means a combination of his own sacks and those by teammates when he generated the initial pressure.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I thought pressures also counted as pass rush wins. I'm sure you're right about the second part now that I think about it more.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Goodell said there "is no timeline" on the investigaton of Snyder and Washington? I thought that thing was done and the report locked away in a drawer. Typical Goodell presser. Spends a lot of time saying nothing. You ask a question about injuries, and the impact the longer season is having, he'll talk about the great medical care Damar Hamlin received or that the NFL is doing a better job tracking and compiling injury data.

8. outofplace

9. DanOregon

Not just a great pull - shoot Charles Durning for the win - but the presser today is exactly why he is the commissioner. He lowers the temperature in the room, gives non-answers and spends a lot of time giving them - and admits nothing. And typically arranges more than a few "friendlies" to answer questions nobody cares about - the NFL abroad, a kid question, expansion etc. to kill more time.
    The guy doesn't make $50m a year for what he says, but what he doesn't say. He's a walking NDA.

outofplace likes this.
  10. DanOregon

11. outofplace

I haven't seen that movie in a long time, but that song still pops into my head all the time in reaction to people like Goodell. I give him credit for being good at doing exactly what the owners want him to do.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

At least Goodell likes football. Puts him ahead of Rob Manfred.

Draft saved Draft deleted