1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BBQ vs. Cheesesteaks: Super Bowl LVII running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 29, 2023.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I thought kickoff was at 6:30? As most of America gets older, they keep pushing the start later

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Well done with the sensual pruning at Frank's Palm

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Perhaps it's overexposure to Belichick radiating evil genius brainwaves on the sidelines during anthems, but I do regard a coach weeping before kickoff as a bad sign.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Some would probably also throw in the "woke" stuff too. Hell, even a menopause ad? I understand inclusiveness, but C'MON!!!!

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, it worries me a little too. Thankfully it seems we've got another half-hour before kickoff for him to pull himself together.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Audio clip used of Eli Gold calling Alabama football, check.

7. Spartan Squad

Getting older, the need to milk this game for everything it's worth. Tomato, tomahto

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for some moron to complain about the Navy going woke because the crew of the Carl Vinson was out on the deck in rainbow colors for the anthem.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Oh for fuck sake start the game.

wicked and HanSenSE like this.
  10. Spartan Squad

After 6-plus hours of pregame, did we really need an overly elaborate opener highlighting how these players were overlooked? I mean, Mahomes has a ring. Hurts should have an MVP had he not gotten hurt.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Based off the pregame stuff, this seems like a very pro-Philly crowd for what is normally a fairly neutral setting.

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I guess we’re gonna start like 7 pm eastern huh

Draft saved Draft deleted