1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BBQ vs. Cheesesteaks: Super Bowl LVII running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

A blown call is different than a decision to "let them play". Is there any other evidence supporting that? Anyone who reviewed the tape and found other, similar instances that weren't called? Any player from either team who said that contact like that was happening all game and going uncalled? I'm not saying it's not true, but I know enough to know that I don't know.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

This was a response to the theoretical umpire question.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Not saying that was evidence of a decision by the officials to "let them play". You asked if anyone had seen examples of missed defensive penalties in real time.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
  6. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

Right, but had OSU not scored, it woud have lost. Had KC not scored, the game would still have been tied. I guess I should have made that distinction.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Which was a stupid comparison because this was, as usual, an all-star crew. That threw a total of nine accepted penalties for 47 yards. Only one other official from Cheffers' regular season game was on the Super Bowl crew. And it wasn't the official who threw the defensive holding penalty.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The cool thing is he really had a hand in this championship.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Football fans are going to know who Chad Henne is/was 20 years from now. Most people can't say that. And unless he's not too bright, he should be set financially, too.

I'd take the hand Chad Henne has dealt himself. Chase Daniel doesn't have that kind of hardware, but I bet the back end of his life will be pretty cushy, too.

wicked and Batman like this.
  12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Using examples from other sports to make a point about angles and what is and what isn't. People are really dopey in their arrogance sometimes.

Draft saved Draft deleted