1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BBQ vs. Cheesesteaks: Super Bowl LVII running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

How long before this is banned from the NFL Shop like Mexico Falcons jerseys?

Batman and PCLoadLetter like this.
  4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Depends on how much downtime those Up With People kids had during reheasals.

There has been a Michigan quarterback on the winning team in 10 of the last 25 Super Bowls.

I Should Coco likes this.
  5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Who was the last second-round draft pick to earn $40m? Well done by Chad Henne.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Round 3 AND a corner office.

[​IMG]

jr/shotglass likes this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Even with $40m I don't think Henne has the best Starts/Million ratio. He started 54 games if you can believe it.

exmediahack likes this.
  8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The Eagles also could have kept a less-than-100% Mahomes from running for 26 yards from the Eagles' 43 with 2:54 left. Once that run happened, Kansas City was going to score.

As cheap as the Chiefs' win felt, in the moment, now I consider this. Kansas City held the Eagles to THREE points over about 25 minutes of game time... and those three points came with the two controversial catches/no catches. That's incredible. Meanwhile. the Eagles gave up TD, TD, long punt return/TD and FG over four possessions.

I don't feel as much sympathy now for the Eagles.

I'll give Reid this. He finally got the clock right at the end of a big playoff game. He tried to make it work last year in the AFCCG against Cincinnati and they nearly blew the game in regulation.

BrownScribe likes this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Dak Prescott was a fourth-rounder. Then there's Brady, of course.
    And it only seems a matter of time before Jalen Hurts makes $40 million a year.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

He has, uh, had his own personal coaches, you know.

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Chase Daniel - five starts

$41 mil

swingline likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

How much did Ryan Fitzpatrick make? He got at least one starter's contract. He could be way up in the eight figure realm.

Draft saved Draft deleted