1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BBQ vs. Cheesesteaks: Super Bowl LVII running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 29, 2023.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

People think Schuster’s tweet was in poor taste? Lighten up, Francis. I got a small chuckle out of it. Scott Norwood has been subjected to far worse for 30-plus years.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Someone already brought up an example of a missed call in that area.

Do you actually believe nobody did anything that could be considered a defensive hold the entire game? Are you arguing that was the case because the defensive techniques were so perfect the entire game?

They didn't call one defensive hold or pass interference the entire game, then call what was clearly a weak one with the game on the line.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I get the humor in it, but it also makes him look like a bit of an asshole, which isn't a new thing for Smith-Schuster. I don't think he's a bad guy, but he certainly doesn't mind being a bit of a prick if he thinks it is funny or he thinks it makes him look cool.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I was a huge fan, going back to “She’s On It” and thought it was very weak.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

And it’s not a new thing for at least half the players in the league. They generally aren’t the warm and fuzzy types.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Had to click off the Beastie Boys thing after 20 minutes. Hard to watch.

7. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

There's a great video out from NFL films of the hold and while JuJu is being held, Mahomes is not looking his way at all. Then he turns and throws the ball 15 yards over his head. That hold was blatant but had no effect on the play. I think now Mahomes was just throwing it away because whomever he was looking for over the middle did not get open.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Back, and to the left ...

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It was a timing route. Mahomes anticipated JSS to be in a spot. When he was held, it disrupted the timing. He's not held, maybe it's overthrown, maybe it's not, but it's a closer play. If Mahomes is throwing it away, he throws it out the back of the endzone, not slightly upfield from his receiver.

10. Brian J Walter

Sorry. I didn't realize the discussion had permanently moved on. My bad. Enjoy your Beasties ...

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I said. You can throw any theory you like out there. Am I not allowed to respond?

12. Brian J Walter

You can respond any way you like.

Draft saved Draft deleted