1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BBQ vs. Cheesesteaks: Super Bowl LVII running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 29, 2023.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Delonte West could've had East on the front and West on the back for much of his career.

dixiehack and Batman like this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Same as an Eagles fan from Jersey. The NFC East teams, especially the Giants and Cowboys, were the rivals. It's hard to get fired up about beating a "rival" you only see once every four years.
    It was the same with the other sports. The New York teams were always bigger rivals than Pittsburgh. Maybe Flyers-Penguins had a little more juice since they played in the playoffs a few times, but Philadelphia and Pittsburgh might as well be on two different planets when it comes to sports. It's really just another game when they play each other.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

More INTs than TDs. Yeesh.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

At least Mitch Trubisky is no longer the most embarrassing Pro Bowl QB selection.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I honestly wonder if Huntley is going because he said he'd do it, while earlier potential subs were like, "Man, my Cabo trip is non-refundable. Sorry."

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Duly noted.

Again.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And they're playing in Seattle in 2023.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You write about him as if he is Mark Malone. He's not THAT bad, and he actually had decent numbers in 2018.

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can see some potential Bear Bryant comps there. Even moreso than Belichick, whom I could see retiring and enjoying the act of being feted like a king whenever he goes to watch lacrosse practices and small school college football practices.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I'd much rather watch an NFL third-place game than the Pro Bowl. The NFL could offer to pay each winning active player $1M ($45M total) to play to win and still rake bank.

Draft saved Draft deleted