1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BCS leagues expanding - yeah?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Apr 19, 2010.

1. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

The offer may not be there, but I bet Texas State sees the turmoil and decided that it's best to let the dust settle a bit.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

From a level standpoint, are they waiting for someone to get poached from the AAC and then moved there?

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The only real advantage the American and MWC have had over the Sun Belt is the TV money. And the first two are about to be in for hard corrections on their next deals, so that may not be enough to offset any exit fees. Likewise, the PAC-Whatever is probably too risky a gamble to take with so much unknown.

4. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I used to work at Arkansas-Little Rock, and had no idea of its current conference affiliation. It's in the Ohio Valley, which, for travel purposes, is so much better than when it was in the Sun Belt. At the time, Florida International and Denver were also in the Belt, and travel was not fun. UALR didn't have the budget to charter flights, so it was either long bus trips or a series of commercial flights to get anywhere.

On one of my last trips with men's basketball at UALR, this was the schedule for a Thursday-Saturday series:

Little Rock to Houston
    Houston to El Paso
    Bus from El Paso to Las Cruces
    Game at New Mexico State
    Bus from Las Cruces to El Paso
    El Paso to Houston
    Houston to Lafayette, La.
    Game at Louisiana-Lafayette
    Lafayette to Houston
    Houston to Little Rock

Absolute brutal travel

maumann likes this.
  5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Sounds like the old ECHL, when the Raleigh IceCaps would ride overnight to Toledo/Johnstown/Peoria, then back for Greensboro/Hampton Roads/Roanoke.

Flip Wilson likes this.
  6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

It's times like this I miss Sagarin.

Draft saved Draft deleted