1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beer . . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

does it make me a wuss if i like Bud Light the best?

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Without a doubt.

Fuckin newbies.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Sadly, yes. There's a great world of beer out there. I stopped in at a local supermarket recently, and they had six-pack boxes that allowed to to mix-and-match whatever you wanted. $7.99 for two Sunset Wheats, two longhammer IPA's and two Tire Bite Golden Wheats.

Great idea.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Damn, that is cool GB. I am surprised they do that at a supermarket.
    And if you are going to drink shitty beer, at least don't drink Bud Light. It is terrible.

5. Come to me, my young apprentice.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I was amazed by it. The thing is, they have at least 40 different beers/alcopops available. I guess once you get the bottles from the distributor, you sell it on in whatever form you want.

7. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

wow that's pretty cool GB. you're saying i should drink more.
    i think the reason why i like BL so much is because i can drink a whole case and not get any effect off of it.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Local liquor store here does the same thing.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I get worse hangovers from Bud Light than I do from good beer.
    The only time I drink Bud Light is if it is the only thing in the house, or if I am golfing and doing some day drinking.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'm not saying drink more, but get out there and try new things. BL is little more than Adult's Aquafina. There are some great beers out there from smaller breweries that are worth your time. Heck, there's new brewpub that just opened up round the corner from me that has some excellent beers.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

If you can do it for wine -- try lots of different kinds and brands -- why not for beer too?

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Precisely. Just stay away from the Andre.

Draft saved Draft deleted