1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beer . . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Sep 12, 2007.

1. And I'm still scarred by the episode.

2. lono

lono Active Member

Shake it off and get on with life.

3. Dr. J

Dr. J Member

Does anyone know if they still make Murphy's Irish Amber? It has been probably ten years since I have last seen it. Lots of places have the stout but never the amber. It always frustrates me when I walk into a bar and they will have a sign or mirror with the logo, but they do not have it. In one instance a new bar opened and never carried any of the Murphy's, but still had all the signs.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Too bad. It was fresh from the tap when I got it.

5. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

For anyone in the Midwest or anywhere else where a local distributor carries it, Bell's Brewery out of Kalamazoo, Mich., and Three Floyd's out of Munster, Ind., have some great beers. Bell's Oberon is a good wheat beer, and its Kalamazoo Stout is good too. The Expedition Stout, a seasonal in the winter, is somewhere between 14 and 18 percent. And Three Floyds Robert the Bruce is a phenomenal Scottish ale.

6. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Dogfish Head 90 Minute is the best available. 19 % alcohol, try to find it out there.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fun stuff to do with candy thing of the week.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

what in the world is a beer store?

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

psst. i think lono is stan.

10. You may be right.

11. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I have been and it's the only thing keeping me sane this week. Keith's is my best friend.

12. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Chef-

Regarding the Chelada ... the can specifically stated not to shake it. And yeah, it is CLAMato juice, and I should have come to expect that.
    Guess when I drink diluted beer henceforth it will be with just good ol' mater juice.

Draft saved Draft deleted