1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beer . . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Sep 12, 2007.

1. BRoth

BRoth Member

It's not blue, so I'm assuming it's an actual question. They aren't extremely common (at least that I've noticed) but they're just stores that only sell beer. They just have lots and lots of beer.

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

it's a store that sells beer

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

They will be appeased in grand style hence I escape Friday night football hell! My friend needs to be honored!

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I must say La Fin du Monde is a great Belgian beer.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Drinking some Killian's now. It's okay, got it since we're celebrating St Patty's Day in September since once isn't enough.

6. Magnum

Magnum Member

Coronas for me.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Miller. Lite. In. A. Can.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Please don't associate Killian's with Paddy's Day. It offends the Irish ethnic sensibility.

9. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

I heart most of the Unibroue line. While La Fin is excellent, I'm partial to the Trois Pistoles and Maudite myself. Their Terrible is damn good, too.

10. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

I'm hurt....dumping out a big, expensive brew. Ouch.

Last summer was my German phase. I was heavily into Doppel, Tripel and Maibocks, even though I usually prefer ales to lagers. The thought of trashing a TripelBock.....damn.

Mrs. Fly and I enjoy going to the bigger beer festivals in our area and I can say I've only dumped out a couple of beers, and that is just a small 4-8oz sample. The worst, by far, was a Popcorn flavored brew from JT Whitneys in Madison that tasted like musty sweatsocks. The other awful one I had this year was from Tri-City Brewing in Bay City, MI- ridiculously bad.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Stick to beer in a can.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've been working two jobs for almost 10 months now, and tomorrow is my last Saturday spent at the second, part-time job.
    To celebrate there will be bourbon — Booker's — and beer — Stone IPA — and college football in the afternoon.

Draft saved Draft deleted