1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beer . . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

If anyone has access to Propeller beer in Canada and US (I know Atlantic Canada does), you should try it. No comparision to Keiths but a great local product.

2. BRoth

BRoth Member

Here's a good question ... as we're switching to fall/winter, what beer(s) are people looking forward to?

I've always been a fan of the Winter Lager and Old Fezziwig from Sam Adams. There's a local winery that also brews beer near me and have the best coffee porter I've ever had.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

New Belgium's 6 below. Absolutely divine. Mmmmmm.

4. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

OK, I haven't read through all nine pages of this thread, so I don't know where it's at. What I do know is that another Saturday desk shift is in the books, and I'm drinking an Amstel Light, and it's really damn good. That is all.

5. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Has anyone tried Quelque Chose? I recently bought a bottle out of curiosity (their other stuff is excellent), but any beer that comes with three serving suggestions -- a) cold, b) room temperature and c) mulled like cider -- is a bit perplexing. I suspect I'll opt for a).

And I'm still not sure why the Guinness I had throughout Ireland (and Hamburg, of all places) is so vastly superior to the stuff I get here. The publican in Hamburg (an Irishman) claimed it had to do with how cold the water is supposed to be. All I know is it's much creamier, smokier and practically devoid of bitterness across the pond. Absolutely perfect. Here, it's a letdown.

6. Mira

Mira Member

I really like Amstel Light. That's good stuff.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Not sure about Buck, but Angola! has a massive hangover today. Why does beer taste so good on Saturday night, yet do so many problems on Sunday morning?

8. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

What have we learned?
    Fat Tire = Chick magnet.
    Spare tire = Chick repellent.

9. joe

joe Active Member

Or pronounced Smiddicks. A fair beer no matter how you say it.
    Today, Goose Island Honker's Ale. But only because it's $2 cheaper per six-pack than Dead Guy Ale.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

thanks to recomendations on this site i am trying dead guy ale rogue right now and it is pretty fucking good. only problem is it cost $9.49 for a sixer.

11. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Corona and Bud Light tonight. Nothing special. Belgian beers for Friday night.

12. Bud Light? Damn, I don't know how anyone can drink that.

Draft saved Draft deleted