1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beer . . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The Rogue was the only kind of Dead Guy Ale I could find at my liquor store. I'm just lucky this store exists. They are willing to bring in other beer on request.
    So, I requested Henry Weinhard's Pale Ale and Full Sail's Sessions yesterday.

I'm thinking about requesting Moose Drool and Yuengling next just so I can see what it is all of you rave about.

2. joe

joe Active Member

Rogue brewery in Newport, Ore. Besides Dead Guy Ale, American Amber, Saint Rogue Red and Monk Madness Ale are also good. The Saint Rogue Red will run you $1 more than the Dead Guy.
    Here's the site: http://www.rogue.com/

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'm an idiot.
    So Rogue is the brewer and Dead Guy Ale is the type of beer? Well, it is still good.

4. Mira

Mira Member

Pyramid makes a fine Apricot Ale. I have trouble finding it consistently in the Midwest since it's brewed in California, but it you like fruity beer, it's good. Not too sweet.

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I love Killian's, but it's brewed in America. As others have said, Smithwick's is a great choice.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

There's a new brewpub that opened up down the road from me. They have about eight of their own brews on tap all across the spectrum, but they also have about 10 imported Belgian beers. It's a fine place, and they've told me they'll even put soccer on the TV for me.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

As far as I know, everything Pyramid brews is in downtown Seattle. But I guess they might have different breweries elsewhere.

8. Mira

Mira Member

I might have forgotten the state, Angola!, but I knew it was west somewhere. I coulda messed up.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Pyramid is starting to go more national, where as a lot of the microbrews in the NW are staying in the west.

10. If only I could get Fat Tire to go national.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It isn't? I've seen it everywhere I have traveled in the west, but maybe that is your point. For what it is worth, I have never seen the appeal in Fat Tire.

12. I don't think it goes anywhere east of the Mississippi. Tried one (and then had many more) in Vegas and loved it.

Draft saved Draft deleted