1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beer . . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i will hunt it down and consume it, sir.

2. BRoth

BRoth Member

Just had some Blue Moon pumpkin ale last night. Am I wrong, or is the whole seasonal thing with Blue Moon new? I never saw a Blue Moon summer ale until this year and now this.

Anyway, it was pretty good. At first it just tasted like any normal Octoberfest beer but after one I could really taste the pumpkin/spices. Three was definitely enough.

3. Mira

Mira Member

I like flavored beers, but pumpkin ale always strikes me as being too spicy and not well-rounded. I've tried the Dogfish Head pumpkin and hated it.

Has anyone tried Sam Adams Cherry Wheat?

4. No fruit in my beer.
    Period.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

homophobe.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

TP, Firestone is brewed on the central coast of California. If you're in the PNW, you just might be able to find it. Good luck and happy drinking!

7. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Agreed. *sigh*

I have three bottles of FT remaining from a trip to the Midwest and I only break it open on special occasions. This summer I found that Fat Tire is a fine, fine complement to lobster and corn on the cob. So heavenly.

Also, I will forever sing the praises of 90 Shilling, made by another Fort Collins microbrewery.

8. BRoth

BRoth Member

That stuff is a godsend. I can't drink a lot of it, but I've never met anyone who didn't like it.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Cherry Wheat is daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn good!

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I've really been enjoying Boulevard lately.

11. Yuengling is only $5 for a sixpack here ... is that normal everywhere else?

Corona is $8.

I can get a 12-pack of Bud for $6 but who would want to?

12. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Lucky bastard

Draft saved Draft deleted