1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beer . . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Sep 12, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm going to alternate rooting vehemently for Tony Romo with wishing for a bowel explosion for every member of the Yankees.

Sadly, I'll do so without beer.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, seeing as how I hate Tony Romo, I guess we will be doing the exact opposite things tonight. Except I will be enjoying a couple of beers.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

That makes it absolute opposites.

Cheers, Angola! *raising a can of Diet Sunkist*

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Yeah. Once I turned 21, I just wanted to sample liquors, so I bought a handle of Bacardi 151 and went to town. It lasted me a while too. My esophagus didn't like me much after it though. Not for throwing up, but the burning sensation going down.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you do have to straightshot everclear at least once in your life, though. just to feel what pain really is, if nothing else.

6. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Yeah. That is the closest thing to death I have ever felt. 190 proof of devil piss.

7. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Isn't that shit illegal in most states these days? I went searching for it, but learned it was recently banned in New Hampshire. I want to try a few shots without a chaser, just to say I have.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

As far as what I can get from the local grocery, I'm usually a Heineken Light guy these days. But tonight, Newcastle was on sale.

I prefer to find the nearest micro-brew store or organic food store and build-a-sixer. My last city, there was one right nearby. Now, it's like eight miles or so, so the grocery usually wins.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I love the Blueberry Ale produced by the Atlantic Brewing Company. Fine quality stuff right there.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I believe it is illegal in many states, though not here in Texas. I purchased some recently and used it for jello shots.

12. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Delaware has it.

Draft saved Draft deleted