1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beer . . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Simon

Simon Active Member

Over the last two weeks, I've had Leinie's Apple Spice, Sunset Wheat and Honey Weiss. Wow. Good shit but I'm used to natty light and Miller Lite. A little fat tire here and there.

The Apple Spice is sweet but very good. The Sunset Wheat, gotta love the Blueberry smell when you open it up and that first smooth swig.

Any other beers like these I should give a shot? Had the Fat Tire, Skinny Dip and Blue Moon as well along with the crappy classics of college.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Allagash is great. Atlantic Brewing Company Blueberry Ale. Beezlebub (17.5% alc).

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Moose Drool. It's fantabulous!

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've got some TurboDog in the fridge and a bottle of Delirious Tremens cooling off as well. Should be some good drinking. Love the 'dog. As flavorful as a winter seasonal, but not as heavy.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Leinie's Sunset Wheat .... remains The Crack Of Beers®.

6. Mira

Mira Member

I love Smithwick's ... one of my favorites. Stella Artois is currently my champagne of beers.

I had a swig of Leine's Spiced Apple the other day and it tastes like Apple Jack's cereal. Too sweet for my taste, for sure.

7. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Nooo ... Sea Dog Blue Paw - best blueberry wheat ever.
    ABC's Bar Harbor Real Ale, however, is probably its best. Tasty.

8. Last night, my daughter sang with her high-school jazz ensemble at a club across town. I go in, sit down at the bar to await the beginning of their set. What do my eyes spy in the row of bottles above the mirror?
    The 'Dog!
    Mmmmmmm...she sang great, too.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Your daughter's HIGH SCHOOL ensemble sings at bars?

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I found a place that will ship buckets of beer. My family is soooo getting Fat Tire or maybe 2 Below for Christmas!

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

*cough cough* Hey there, long-lost best buddy sportschick...*cough cough*

12. Clubs, dear heart, clubs.
    All ages shows.
    In the later afternoon. On Sunday.

Draft saved Draft deleted