1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beisbol been berry berry good to me (Running Baseball Thread IX)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mayfly, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Muwahahahahahahaha. The Yankees are within 5.

2. statrat

statrat Member

Hmm I think this would make a pretty good capsule of the Nats-Giants game tomorrow:
    "Barry Bonds came up just a triple shy of the cycle but it was not enough for the Giants as the Nationals came from behind late to win the game 8-7 at Pac Bell Park in San Francisco."

Yup, that'll do just fine.

3. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Why couldn't the Red Sox throw Taveras in there against the M's? Phooey.

And, what's worse, they interrupted a perfectly good M's post-gamer for that Bonds AB.

At least we can get back to baseball now, w's and l's.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Wow, that Nats pitcher who served it up could not have been more classy.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I really liked his quote from yesterday where he said that he and the guy (I have no idea who) that gave up Aaron's 755th home run could go on a tour together and sign autographs.
    He handled it very well and went after Bonds, which a pitcher should have done in that situation.
    I also liked that he doffed his cap for Bonds, that was very classy.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I didn't see it live. I was busy watching a Scrubs re-run and I think I made the right call.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

California Angels pitcher Dick Drago served up Aaron's final home run on July 20, 1976.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Unfortunately, I was doing the same thing and missed it live. But it was a good episode, that's for sure.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

... and, just as assuredly as Mike Bacsik will go down in baseball annals, so shall dreunc1542, who became the first person to call home run No. 756 on SportsJournalists.com.

dreunc1542, don't abuse this gift you have been given. Years from now, when SportsJournalists.commers of the future mention your name, it shall be done with reverence.

I'm sure if dreunc1542 were here, he'd like to thank his mom, his family, his pharmacist and his personal trainer.

Once again, congratulations.

Watch for your personal message from Jason Whitlock on the video scoreboard.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Just having some fun after having some fun. ;)

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

What's unfortunate about it? A cheating asshole is holding a record until a decent human being--ARod, Pujols--breaks it.

Bonds' homer was the most anti-climatic moment in sports. SF fans cheered their cheating homeboy, and he left the field. Now, if only he'd leave the sport forever.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Gotta show me those urine tests when they come in, too, HB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.