1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beisbol been berry berry good to me (Running Baseball Thread IX)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mayfly, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Forget Barry Bonds for a minute. Budcrew and mustard, how could you possibly see what's happening these days and still say the Yankees won't make it? I think that's crazy. The Red Sox are clearly in freefall and reminding some of the '64 Phillies. This race is all but over and in the hands of the Yankees, I'm sorry to say.

And forget your bet, mustard. Gambling is against my religion. (After all, I want to remain eligible for the Hall of Fame). However, I still hope you're right while I believe you're dead wrong.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Fuck Jock Jones.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Forgot the wild card, down only five games with six games left against the Red Sox? They could still win the AL East, which would mean Baltimore (1997) would still be the last team not named "Yankees" to have won that division.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yanks are a dead lock for the playoffs.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Well the Eric Patterson Era didn't last very long. Trib is reporting Felix Pie has been called up and will be in Houston tonight.

No more Jock please.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I see it as a little of both. Tigers and Indians could play like crap, but unless the Yankees win to do anything with that break, nothing's going to happen. And we all knew the Red Sox weren't going to play .700 ball this season, like they were back in May. They had to slow down at some point, like the Yankees were going to snap out of it at some point.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Only July 1, the Yankees were 10 1/2 games out.
    They have gone 26-9 since then and are 5 games behind the Red Sox.
    Tell me agin how they're not making the playioffs.
    They might win the division. They are guaranteed to be the wild card.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

With six games left against the Sox, I won't dismiss them.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

With 6 games left against Tampa Bay, 9 games left against Baltimore, 3 games left against Kansas City, 8 games left against Toronto ...

Also: 8 Detroit, 3 Cleveland, 3 LA, 3 Seattle, 6 Boston

That's more than half their remaining schedule (26 of 49) against horsehshit.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm sure Sox fans assumed the Royals wouldn't win that series at Fenway a couple weeks ago, too.

11. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

There is bad blood between the Marlins and the Phillies and it showed last night when Rowand was hit by two pitches. He mentioned post-game that he could have retaliated the second time, but let the rookie have a free pass. We'll see what happens tonight.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm no Yankees fanboy, but I am quite anxious to see Joba Chamberlain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.