1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beisbol been berry berry good to me (Running Baseball Thread IX)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mayfly, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

His family still lives there, I believe. I understand your question. But if I were to flea this country because of what Bush was doing and go to Italy, where my family is from, I'd still call the U.S. my home. And I'd still be proud to be an American. I'm sure he didn't surrender his heritage.

But, yes. I suppose it does seem a little odd, considering how he left Cuba.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Wright also is 1 for his last 21 against the Braves this season, in case you're wondering why the Mets can't beat the Braves.

Meanwhile, ElDuque just gave up first hit to McCann leading off 5th...1-0 Mets

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Someone check Placido Polanco's bat. He's got two home runs in the last five games, driving his total to seven.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That certainly needs to change if the Mets are planning on winning the Eas.t

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

But what does that translate to at sea level?

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Anyone, please riddle me this: Is No. 42 retired in the minors? I don't remember ever seeing a minor leaguer wear it, except for Butch Huskey. And I know I haven't seen it while I've been covering minor league baseball over the last couple years.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

BREAKING NEWS: Jose Reyes was just thrown out attempting to steal second.

And did ESPN catch Bobby Cox picking his nose, while the commentators were talking about him giving signs to the catcher?

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Good pitchers duel at steamy Shea between Smoltz and ElDuque

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

From 2.55 to 4.20 in a single bound, thanks to today's 37.13. Oy.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He puts the "pick" into "pickoff sign."

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Yes. It's retired throughout organized professional baseball, except for the Huskeys and Riveras and Vaughns who were grandfathered in, in 1997.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That makes sense. I just haven't seen the marking on the walls of those minor-league stadiums at which I've covered games.

And I don't think we'll be seeing Huskey and Vaughn donning that jersey anytime soon. Rivera is the last one, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.