1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beisbol been berry berry good to me (Running Baseball Thread IX)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mayfly, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spnited

spnited Active Member

The Dodgers are htting even worse than the Cubs. I heard a stat last night that they're hitting something like.113 as a team in the past 6 or 7 games.

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Jesus. But are the Dodgers hitting .059 (2-for-34) with RISP over their past three games?

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Russell Branyan, bitches.

Can the Phils start printing playoff tickets yet?

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I'll do you one better--the Dodgers are hitting worse than.....

the Padres.

First time they've been shut out 3 straight since 1966---(they did it twice that year -- in April in the regular season and in the World Series

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Ahem, perhaps the defending champeens deserve a mention?

Yes, they are lousy, injury prone, and their pitching rotation would get laughed at in Triple AAA. But, yet they hang around.

14 games left with Milwaukee and Chicago starting with 7 next week. The Cubs and Brewers would be wise to bury the Cardinals next week and not let them stick around to September.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

David Wright improved on his 5-for-44 performance against the Braves this season with an RBI single in the first inning for a 1-0 lead.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Willie Harris just made a fabulous catch to take a possible three-run homer away from Alou in left. That kid can flat-out play some defense.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yeah, just like they did in '64.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Didn't they win the NL that year? Oh, wait. ...

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Colitis can be very serious, especially if it gets past irritation to the point of ulcers. Part of the problem is a high risk of infection with any perforation of the intestines. I know a few people who have had to have surgery removing parts of their intestines due to this condition.

Ok...end of my Doctalk imitation.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Willie Harris is one of my favorites. A good interview when you get the chance to talk to him.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

He seems like one of those guys who'll play for about seven or eight teams in his career. Good enough to stay in the majors, but not dynamic enough to stay with any team for a long time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.