1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beisbol been berry berry good to me (Running Baseball Thread IX)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mayfly, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. casty33

casty33 Active Member

With apologies to spnited and HB, I am now convinced that the Braves have a better overall team than the Mets. And I now believe Atlanta will win the division.

That is all.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sorry Casty. I don't see the braves having enough pitching to pull it off.

I'll be rooting like hell for it to happen though.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Is there a team you like, Beej? Have we ever determined that?

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Just because I don't think the Braves have the pitching to win the NL East doesn't necessarily mean I don't like them.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Not what I meant. It seems you have cheered against, or ridiculed, just about every team. I was just curious.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Just answer the question, Claire.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Casty, I bow in reverence to you. And I agree with your assessment. The Mets bullpen stinks, the middle of the order has been nonexistent and the starters are questionable--at best. Plus, what does Pedro have left when he comes off the DL?

I thought the Mets would finish third in the N.L. East at the start of the season and nothing has moved me from that position.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Reason one billion why stupid people should not be given a live microphone and a show on 50,000 watt radio station:

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

At this point, who in the NL will stay long in the playoffs?

I'm willing to start laying some money on the D'backs and Rockies as an NLCS battle.

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

There are dents on the door where they've been knocking... Gobble and Soria came up fairly huge, though.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

You think that only because all we talk about here is NY baseball. :D

I'm not very fond of a few of the Yankees, but I've got nothing against the team and don't care if it wins or loses.

Likewise, I don't have anything against most of the Mets. But that team cannot lose enough to satisfy me.

I honestly don't remember cracking on anyone else.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Nice non-answer. Answer the question, Claire!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.