1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beisbol been berry berry good to me (Running Baseball Thread IX)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mayfly, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I finally make a comment that doesn't involve me saying "Fuck this fucking team," and it's ignored.

Well fuck all y'all then.

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Well fuck all y'all, too.

Seriously, happy birthday, dude.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm sure everyone glossed over it, saw "Cubs" and "fuck" and figured it was the same old post. I know that's what I did. We've just grown accustomed to reading "Fuck this fucking team."

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think the safe money is on Matsuzaka, considering he'll have at least 17 or 18 wins and 200 strikeouts by the end of the season to go along with the value of his name.

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Amen.

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Just hit me that today is the anniversary of the first night game at Wrigley (not counting the one that was rained out in the fourth inning). Has it really been 19 years?

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's what the calendar says.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yep, the Cubs played their first official night game and Wayne Gretzky got dealt to the Kings.

9. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Carlos Zambrano is pinch-hitting. And he just struck out.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

When you're up eight in the seventh why not? And the Cubs have worse hitters than Z on their bench.

11. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Oh, I wasn't criticizing, just pointing out an interesting tidbit. Hell, I think Z should pinch hit more often (but only if he quits swinging from his heels every pitch).

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think it's odd that you don't see it more often from pitchers like he and Dontrelle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.