1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beisbol been berry berry good to me (Running Baseball Thread IX)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mayfly, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I figured you messed up on that one. It was just a matter of time before you caught it, too.

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Baseball is an incredible sport. Even the suspensions are based on numbers - and are near perfect.

God I love this game.

3. Ditto

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Can't say I'm not a fan.

5. Can't argue with that double-negative.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I do what I can.

7. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

M's finally moved HoRam along, beat up some baseballs, won 13-8.

What may interest some here--Adam Jones, just up from Tacoma, charged a fly ball in left and doubled an Oriole runner off first. I knew the kid was a pretty good shortstop before they moved him to the outfield, but turns out he was also a flame-throwing pitcher in high school a la Ichiro.

Three hits and four runs to boot. Jones has proved he can hit poor major league pitching; he didn't fair so well against Beckett last Sunday, 0-4, couple strikeouts.

Jones gets a start tomorrow against TGD's favorite team, the WhySox, because Jose Guillen was HPB on the middle finger, right hand tonight. Might be worth keeping an eye on.

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

<a href="http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2007/08/podsednik-on-mo.html">
    One day after the Giants and Dodgers make their first trade in 20 years comes news that White Sox outfielder Scott Podsednik could become a Cub. I'm kind of stunned that Tribune would let the Cubs add salary.</a>

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You should probably stop with the fanboy boasts, since everyone you've made has failed to come true.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You mean like when he bashed the Royals, who took the rubber game with Philly 17-5?

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That would get the Cubs through the next few weeks sans Soriano.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The offensive line needs some work. Too much time has been spent on the running game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.