1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beisbol been berry berry good to me (Running Baseball Thread IX)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mayfly, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Dotel on the DL with a sore shoulder. Fat slob Wickman unavaible with tightness (caused by excessive fat) in his forearm. The Braves ain't overtaking anybody.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You mean in the East. And keep telling yourself that. Boston was supposed to beat up on teams like the Royals, White Sox and Orioles during the second half, but still haven't done it.

And spnited, I never said anything about Pedro or Damon preventing a choke either last year or this. I was merely pointing out the heart of the 2004 Red Sox team, countering your Schilling and Varitek.

3. KP

KP Active Member

[​IMG]

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

So to steer this away from the idiots (take that however you like ;D) ...

I can't recall hearing about this at all until tonight:

5. pallister

pallister Guest

I've heard about it, but didn't think anyone else cared. I'm guessing that Wells streak was his perfect game and the next one, right?

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Actually, Wells' streak was over three games.

On May 12, 1998, he retired his final 10 batters vs. KC (after Shane Halter's two-out single in the 5th.)
    On May 17, 1998, he retired 27 in a row vs. MIN.
    On May 23, 1998, he retired the 1st batter vs. BOS (before Darren Bragg singled in the 1st.)

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Or Kevin Millar or Trot Nixon.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Jenks can be really bad and, in this case, tough to figure out. He's got one hell of a right arm, so as long as he stays out of his head and puts faith in A.J., he's going to do some incredible things.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Damn, I wish I could have watched yesterday's game. Hughes and Chamberlain were dealing. Jeter said Chamberlain throws a 98 mph off-speed pitch: is that his slider?

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I can't imagine it's anything else.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Are they going to move him into the starting rotation this year or wait until next season?

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I think he will stay in the bullpen, maybe for forever. They need a power arm out of the pen and Rivera is going to have to retire eventually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.