1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beisbol been berry berry good to me (Running Baseball Thread IX)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mayfly, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Shit. Why not? What do the Mets have to lose with that? A shitty middle reliever?

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'd prefer Mota test positive again and get banned for 100 games or more. Then maybe Willie won't use him

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Leave spnited alone, Zeke. He ate dinner almost 10 hours ago and it's way past his bedtime.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yankees vs. Royals this season -- 6-1.
    Red Sox vs. Royals this season -- 3-3.

Games aren't won on paper. Say what you will about the schedule, but the Red Sox need to win more games against weaker opponents -- like the Yankees have done recently -- and against the Yankees to lock up the division. Otherwise, it's going to be a toss up.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Never saw Walter Johnson get tuned up..he was always lights out when I was there (oh, wait, there were no lights then!).

Red Sox starters and pen are better than the Yankees. But the Red Sox have no balls. They will choke.

6. formulacola

formulacola Member

And I don't want to get on Minaya too much, but Henry Owens and Heath Bell look a lot better than Jason Vargas and Ben Johnson.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Don't forget about Royce Ring.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Uh, Henry Owens has been on the DL for 2 months ands Royce Ring is in the minors

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Oh, and Mussina, Matsui, Giambi and A-Rod are balls of steel? What the fuck have they ever won?

10. formulacola

formulacola Member

True, but a potentially live arm as opposed to a fifth starter/swing guy/career minor leaguer.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Three MVPs.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

BFD. And no championships.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.