1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beisbol been berry berry good to me (Running Baseball Thread IX)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mayfly, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spnited

spnited Active Member

What's it got to do with what they've won?
    And they've won as much as Dice-K, Beckett, Pedroia, Lugo, Crisp, etc.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Did he win two games in that series?

3. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

that series never happened. never happened. aaron boone won the world series for the yankees. everything after that didn't happen.

(see also: the mets winning the 1999 NLCS)

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You said the Red Sox have no balls. That's no more true for them than for the Yankees.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You know what? As a die-hard Mets fan since the late 80s, I'll trade a 99 NLDS win for a Marlins championship in '03 any time.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

And an MVP, correct?

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Forgot Beckett's one big WS..plus he's the only guy the Yankees have to worry about.

And doc, remember Aug, 18-21, 2006.... Yanks went into Fenway 1 1/2 games up, left 6 1/2 games up and the Red Sox rolled over like the dogs they are the rest of the season.
    Nice balls they showed there.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That was last year's team, and they dealt with so many injuries last year it was fucking ridiculous. They're much healthier this year.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I know they've won the AL East on more than one occasion; Red Sox haven't won that in 12 years. The 1997 Orioles are actually the last team not named the Yankees to have won the AL East.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

How's this one Doc.

2005 ..Defending WS champs Red Sox up 4 on Yanks on Sept. 10... Yanks win the division (finish tied, Yanks win head-to-head series).
    What was their fucking excuse that year?

The only time the Red Sox have beaten the Yankees when it mattered in my lifetime was 4 games in October of 2004.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Fine, you want to continue thinking the Yankees are a relentless killing machine, that's your business. But don't ever badmouth them again since they're so Godlike in your estimation.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

I don't think they're godlike. I fucking hate them.
    But I'm also a realist and if it comes down to head-to-head, six games in September (actually starting Aug. 27) the Red Sox will choke as they always, always, always do against the Yankees.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.