1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beisbol been berry berry good to me (Running Baseball Thread IX)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mayfly, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Only the dogass Cubs lineup can make Wandy Rodriguez and Woody Williams look good. ::)

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

And of course, Jim Brower gives up a leadoff walk and a two-run double to Frank Thomas to make it 7-2 Yankees with no one out in the 7th.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Nothing funnier than Michael Kay and Ken Singleton defending Clemens by saying why would he throw at someone in the seventh inning of a game the Yankees are trying to win.

Maybe because it's 7-0 and it's the seventh inning and Roger's win is safe?

Insufferable twits.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

When I was in college, and even up to last season, I could count on watching at least 18 or so Mets games a year just because of TBS. I guess those times have left us behind. One of these years, I'll crack and get an MLB package of some sort. Until then, I'll stick to my stat tracker.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Obviously, Clemens was throwing at Rios. Why wouldn't he? You make sure your team is going to win and then you exact payback.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

It's $89/season for MLB.tv, and it's worth every penny. I watch every single Braves game when I'm at work -- lucky for me my shift starts at 4 p.m. and so do Braves games :D -- and when they're over, I switch to Seattle or Oakland or San Diego or whatever the hell else I want to watch.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I don't know what mikegd does, but as a reporter I am not sure if it would be worth it.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Man, if Angola sees Clemens was throwing at Rios, you know he was. :D

But that's my point: Kay and Singleton are such homers that they have to come up with a way to tell us that it's raining when we can clearly see someone pissing on our heads.

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

In terms of baseball fights, the one between Mike Sweeney and Jeff Weaver was sweet... although Sweeney shouldn't have thrown the helmet. And the Royals did do something right as a team when they trampled William Ligue and son (of the Joliet Ligues, no less) a few years back.

And let me just thank the Mets and Omar Minaya again for greenlighting the Brian Bannister for Ambiorix Burgos deal. It's working out faaaantastic in the Midwest.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

interesting baseball tidbit for tonight...

Mike Bacsik faced Hank Aaron 31 years ago when Hank was sitting on 755 career home runs
    Tonight, his son, Mike Bacsik faces Barry Bonds while Bonds is sitting on 755 career home runs.

Hopefully the son can do what the father did - not give up home run number 756.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Interesting? That's just awesome in its fucking nuttiness.

Edit: I mean, in all the ballparks in all the world ... the coincidence of this is really ripe.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

That is pretty awesome.

Here's the details: http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/TEX/TEX197608230.shtml

Aug. 23, 1976, Milwaukee at Texas. Bacsik came in to relieve Rangers starter Jim Umbarger in the 4th inning. He got Aaron to fly out to right field in the 5th and Aaron hit an infield single off him in the 7th. Brewers won, 6-2. Hitting cleanup as the DH, Aaron went 1-for-3 with a walk and a strikeout.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.