1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beisbol been berry berry good to me (Running Baseball Thread IX)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mayfly, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Why do people still run on Francouer? He just threw out his second runner at the plate tonight. I'll never root for the guy, but he sure as hell has my respect.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Evidently the Phillies did not get the memo about Francouer's throwing arm. Wonder if they'll read it before the fifth inning?

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Every run is so important, and the Phillies possibly blew two runs -- maybe more -- with dumb running mistakes. Neither of the two plays at the plate were close.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Wagner still gives the Mets an advantage over the other 2.

5. I'm having to watch the game from about 500 feet away - and at an unfortunate angle - what's with all the shots of Smoltzie talking in the dugout? Is he the guest announcer or something?

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Basically. They had him on for the entire half of the inning, discussing the division and the Braves' pitching situation. It actually wasn't that bad -- that is, once they stopped talking about his golf game.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

If only saves were chocolate-covered, Mr. Wickman would be vying for the top spot in the East.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

There'll be no disparaging of Smoltzie. :D

I'm hoping the Braves get to the World Series for the potential of seeing a 2007 version of the 1991 World Series Game 7, where Smoltz is the old gristled vet (a la Morris) facing some hotshot rookie. So, what AL contender has a hotshot rookie (a la Smoltz in '91)?

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Phil Hughes!

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Bobby Cox will get tossed. A major-league record in the making.

11. throw him out ... throw him out ... throw him out ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.