1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beisbol been berry berry good to me (Running Baseball Thread IX)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mayfly, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Hey, all is kosher over here. I thought it might have been an after side-effect of this afternoon's hot dog.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Ask Jacky ;D

3. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

It's a JJ original, along with, when a 20-foot putt shoots 30 feet by the hole, "What's the gravity on this planet?" You may use that with my blessing, child.

As for you, splintered, that's my old pal Johannes Gutenerg, two n's plus an es. Which is why I screwed up the spelling of the name of that stripling who pitches for the Twinkies; I had my late friend in mind.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Luther was, as they say, nails.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Spnited cracking wise on an elder. I feel faint, as if the whole world has been turned on its ear.

6. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Actually, Marty invented the fork ball long before Elroy Face. He had strong hands from nailing those petitions up, big knuckles, could wrap his fingers around the old hogshide...yep, they used pigskin balls in them days.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

8. KP

KP Active Member

You outing yourself as the Twins P.A. announcer?

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Go Yankees!

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Fix your sig, 'gola...Yanks trail Seatttle by .001

11. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

It would be fun to have those three games in Yankee Stadium against the M's in early September mean something.

If Jeff Weaver pitches one of those games, the faithful should be in full cry.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Fuck Jeff Weaver and his inability to get an out in a certain situation in a certain World Series game in 2001. Of course, if Aaron Boone would have just hit a sac fly instead of swinging for the fences I might not feel that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.