1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Carson: Bungling Surgeon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Huh! You'd think that would make the news or something. I guess the days of real journalism truly are behind us.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Or maybe a lot of schmoes in the world of corporatist controlled media have been told gently but firmly to steer clear of Uncle Ben.

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Well duh.... Starman, at age 10.

And Dick can make you cry, so he has to be right up there.

cjericho and YankeeFan like this.
  4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

DW can't carry Starman's slide rule ... Starman's more intelligent than everybody.

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Especially Ayn Rand.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

As would I. There only has to be one.

At any rate is high IQ a key to being a good president? I'll take super high EQ over super high IQ.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I love how during the debate Ben Carson denied being involved with the controversial Mannatech supplements company (except for being paid to give a couple speeches for them).

Also didn't know his image was on their website so must have been used without his permission.

But he still gave Mannatech a plug and says he uses it.

Heard he was described as "subdued." That's like calling an iceberg "cold."

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Today Carson is referring to the Mannatech questions as "Gotcha" journalism. He thinks that the moderators were mean to him?

If this guy is in a presidential debate with Hillary she'll tear him to pieces.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I mean, when God's giving you the specs, are you really an amateur at that point? No way in hell was Noah figuring out 300 cubits on his own. He would have been like "Duhhh, 150 cubits should be enough." And would he have thought to coat it with pitch both inside AND out? Don't make me laugh! :D

old_tony, Webster and cranberry like this.
  11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Amreader is the reason dinosaurs are extinct. He went cheap on the ark and to hell with T-Rexes, unicorns and stately neurosurgeons.

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Did you see the going rate for cypress at the time? And balsa was sooo cheap!

Ace likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.