1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Carson: Bungling Surgeon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I always felt skeevy about that too, although I think he made it through because the Canal Zone was technically U.S. territory.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Using the standard that has been set over the last eight years, most definitely.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Which book was that?

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There's an old Townhall story in which Carson claims a Detroit newspaper reported that he had the highest SAT score ever for a Detroit public school student.

Want to bet whether such a story exists.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Hey did you that Ben Carson anecdote about his life that was published in one of his books? It was bullshit is going to be a thing for as long as he is in the campaign.

It will be amusing but I don't really care.

Few if any remember things perfectly. Up until a couple of weeks I would have bet all the money that Star Wars came out in 1976. It didn't. It was 1977.

Plus, hardly anyone tells a personal tale without some shading to make them look better.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I saw a Facebook meme confirming this, so it must be true.

11. Dick Whitman

And that's how I feel about the West Point "offer," and have defended him vigorously. But a lot of this is venturing into Brian Williams territory. You don't misremember winning the "most honest student" award. That was a total invention.

12. Dick Whitman

It's funny to me that when Jackie Coakley invented a rape that included her being gang banged atop shattered glass by nine frat bros, the same publications hammering Catson on not distinguishing between a formal and informal offer wrote off her entire crumbling story as mere details.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.