1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Carson: Bungling Surgeon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, you guys are forgetting that George W. Bush was president for 9/11 while blaming Obama for not doing enough to prevent a terrorist attack in another country. Doesn't leave you much room to complain about convenient memory lapses.

Baron Scicluna and BDC99 like this.
  2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

No one has forgotten that Bush was in office for less than seven months when a threat that had been allowed to metastasize the previous eight years came home to roost.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

And how did he handle the Middle East?

It seems to me that every time we go in there and stomp around shit only gets worse.

4. 93Devil

With that logic we can blame Paris on George W.

5. outofplace

More evidence that in the mind of Tony the political fanboy, nothing is ever the fault of any Republican and he will twist himself into some truly intricate knots rather than admit otherwise.

Never mind that his side is suggesting that having a big, bad Republican in the White House should be enough to scare off the terrorists. Because that worked so well on 9/11.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A threat which Daddy Bush could have ended in 1991 by storming into Baghdad, hanging Saddam's smoking corpse from a telephone pole, and eradicating his followers.

Hell, if GHWB had done that, he'd probably even have been reelected.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Wow. Surprised to hear that you believe Saddam was a prime terrorism mover-and-shaker and was potentially a contributor to 9/11.

8. old_tony

Only if you don't know the difference between seven months and seven years.

9. old_tony

You're free to tell me what I said that's inaccurate. Since you didn't, we'll assume you couldn't.

10. outofplace

Blaming Obama for the attack on Paris is inaccurate. Blaming Clinton for 9/11 is inaccurate. Actually, blaming any one sitting president for these terrorist acts is inaccurate, but the political cheerleaders such as you keep showing their ignorance by doing so, anyway.

doctorquant and BDC99 like this.
  11. outofplace

Just another example why I'm tweaking tony buy lumping him with "his side." I know all board Republicans aren't cheerleaders like Tony, just as you should know all board Democrats aren't in line with Starman's foolishness.

12. 93Devil

What you can say is what we have been doing for the last 40 years sure as shit isn't working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.