1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best burger you've ever had

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Mar 31, 2008.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Why?

2. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I ate at Buffalo Wild Wings for Opening Day. Cheeseburger-Cheeseburger was next door. I think I'll try that place soon.

3. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Chris Madrid's -- San Antonio, TX

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Feltner's What-a-Burger in Russellville, Ark., handily located near the interstate and the college campus right across the street.
    Not part of the national What-a-burger chain, but it is rumored that Feltner's is what gave the chain the idea for the name.
    Reportedly gone down hill a bit but back in the day one of the best burgers I have had and I've had plenty.
    Up to a pound of beef and made to order, Subway sandwich style as you walk through the line and tell them what you want on it. As you do that you walk past the posters proclaiming What-A-burger to be the best burger in Arkansas. A regular order of fries means a pound bag of shoe strings, all crispy, golden and enough to feed three. Onion rings are also damn fine and generous.
    Shakes are made with handscooped ice cream as you tell the girl what she wants and adds it in.
    Then you pay and they hand you your food.

5. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

6. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

There are a handful of little league ballparks in my area that make a better (greasy, dripping, loaded-with-everything, off-the-grill) burger than any restaurant burger I've ever had.

And for anyone who is planning on making it to the Seattle outing this summer, and will be arriving vis-a-vis north on Interstate 5, do yourself a favor and get a double-cheeseburger with grilled onions (extra patties are FREE, a beautiful, ineffable mystery) at Gateway Food and Fuel, formerly Texaco.

Yes, it is a gas station.

And in the name of all that is holy, it makes the best "restaurant" burger I've ever had.

7. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

Two have always stood out for me:

The Big Miner with Cheese at Miners' in Yakima. Menu: http://www.minersdriveinnrestaurant.com/Menu.htm
    And the Deluxe at Dick's in Seattle. Menu: http://www.ddir.com/menu.htm

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Charcoal Pit, Wilmington, Del., but actually the milkshakes are the star there.

Steamed cheeseburger at O'Rourke's Diner, sadly closed due to fire since summer of 2006, in Middletown, Connecticut.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Buffalo Wild Wings may be the shittiest chain restaurant.

10. the fop

the fop Member

Varsity expansion. Mixed feelings as well, but I guess it brings the good news to the masses. I've still only eaten downtown. Chili cheeseburgers. Mmmm. Chili cheeseburgers.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I've always enjoyed my (frequent) visits to BW3, but I usually had wings, a beer and a big screen TV in front of me. That's can rarely be a bad combo. Their burgers suck, though.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Worse than Hooters? (As far as I know, we don't have BWW up here in the Great White North.)

Draft saved Draft deleted