1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best burger you've ever had

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Mar 31, 2008.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

TD Centre, concourse level. Big with the Bay St/banking/stock broker crowd.

Mark MacEwan (the owner and executive chef) also owns North 44 up at Yonge & Eglinton which I've been to .

He has his own TV show on Food Network called "Heat"--it's pretty good.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The Whopper has never wronged me.

However, there is this amazing burger at a chain near my house called the Imitator, its imitating the Big Mac, but with twice as much meat. Hard to pass up.

3. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

This one

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Are these the guys who serve it you?

[​IMG]

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Now fries, that's where the big money is....

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

no. 1: dusty's, ephrata, washington
    no. 2: american legion park, centralia, washington
    no. 3: burgerville's every where.

7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Fuddrucker's.

8. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Because I was reared in Northeast Ohio and lived a little more than 15 minutes from the nearest location, I will always love and salivate for any burger from Swenson's, particularly a pounder with cheese, pickles, tomatoes and mustard, with meet that hangs out over the bun. For nostalgic reasons (and because the late Johnny Apple, once the top political reporter for the N.Y. Times, then its food critic until his death a couple of years ago, called it the best burger in America), I cannot go wrong at the drive-in.

When I headed (relatively speaking) south for college, all the way down to Ohio University, I fell in love with the classic cheeseburger at The Pub. Meat, bread, cheese, pickles, mustard, tomatoes, with fries if you want 'em, all on a little plate. Used to go for lunch with a couple of friends on Fridays, washed down the sucker with an aquarium (a fancy name for a big ol' beer in a big ol' glass).

And as far as fast food goes, I will in California for the first time in seven years in a couple of days. The last time I was there, I missed out on In-N-Out. I will not make the same mistake during this swing out west. I might even eat a couple of the little buggers. Can't wait.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that reply is so full of fail it's sick.

10. I've enjoyed a lot of good burgers in my life.

My favorite, however, is the good ol' fur burger.

Tasty!

11. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Wait. Are you Ned Beatty?

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That's the Quarter Pounder. It's the same in Germany. Except the Big Mäc in Germany is spelled with an umlaut.

Draft saved Draft deleted