1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best burger you've ever had

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Mar 31, 2008.

1. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Since you didn't say 'hamburger' in the thread title, I'll throw a curve at y'all:

The best burger is the shrimp burger at the Shrimp Shack in Beaufort, S.C. It's absolutely amazing and words really can't do it justice.

If you're ever in Charleston or Savannah, make the trek up to Beaufort for a shrimp burger. You won't regret it.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Recently had Fuddruckers and Red Robin for the first time.

Loved both. Not the best I've ever had, but pretty damn good. Between those two places, I'd take Red Robin.

Still not sure it measures up with a burger from Staggs in Florence, Ala., though. I miss that place badly.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Miller's in Dearborn, Mich.

I hope some of the other Michiganders have had these.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Better than Spike's in Grayling?

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The best burger I can recall was in probably the nicest restaurant in my hometown. Huge burger, too ... trying to eat that much now would probably trigger a gag reflex. But it was good.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Red Robin's burger with an egg is quite good. Fuddrucker's blows. Badly. Been in several, never had a good burger. Ran out of chances with me.
    Best burger, I'm guessing, does not come from a chain.

Saw these guys yesterday on The Today Show. I want to try Five Napkin Burger on my next visit to NY, though I have no clue when that might be. I also want to get to that burger place in Le Parker Meridien Hotel.

http://www.burgerrankings.com/

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Miller's.... ahhh, how I wish I could have one for lunch now.. great hole in the wall...

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

http://www.burgerrankings.com/restaurant/burger-joint

This is the joint in the hotel.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Nickburgers from Aunt Gravy's in Harrodsburg KY will be really hard to beat for me. Run by the family of Craig Yeast, ex-NFL WR and Hburg royalty (along with the Johnsons).

I was told to get a burger from Shake Shack when I was at CitiField, but the line was literally 200 people long. So no.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The place Obama visited a few weeks ago, Ray's Hell Burger in Arlington, is next on my list of burger joints. I've heard great, great things about this place.

11. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

The Burger Bar at Mandalay Bay- had the two best burgers I ever tried. The American Kobe was amazing, and their Turkey burger was outstanding. Just cheese on both, no other toppings, and the meat was the star. Had a tremendous tap list as well, which can be hard to find in Vegas.

12. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Whoa ... How did Fuddrucker's fuddruck up your burger? I wouldn't put in in the discussion for Best Burger in the History of Time ... but they make an alright burger. The fix-ins bar is a nice touch, because I like a shitload of pickles. Plus, I like their spicy mustard ... and, again, I can control my own volume there, which is important. Nothing worse than a burger sogged down with mustard.

Also, they toast the buns there just right, with a little bit of butter.

Like I said, not best burger ever, but definitely in the top 5 when it comes to generic chains.

Draft saved Draft deleted