1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best burger you've ever had

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Going to Reno next month and plan to indugle with the Awful, Awful.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Greatest. P. R. Ever.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

See recent discussions of salad bars for my thoughts on "Fixin' Bars." NAS-tee. Always a mess, stuff strewn everywhere. Stuff never looks fresh. And the burgers always tasted like crap, too.

4. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Ah, one of those germophobes who can't handle a little salmonella ... makes perfect sense, now. ;)

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I got wind of this place in a local magazine a few weeks after I moved to town. Long before Obama went there.

6. JackReacher

I've eaten at Fuddruckers twice in the last week; once in Orlando and last night in Woodbridge. Both times, the fixins bar was very well kept. Stunningly well kept, actually.

7. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I was going to say ... unless you're going to the Fuddrucker's at the corner of Crackville and Murder, each one I've been to have been pretty immaculate.

I'm kind of laughing at myself on this thread, because I sound like Fuddrucker's P.R. director. I don't eat there often. I've found it to be decent. If someone came to town and asked where to get a great burger, it isn't the first place I'd send them.

8. beanpole

beanpole Member

In 2007 I spent 5 weeks in south-central Asia, where the only red meat was horse and I couldn't find a decent piece of chicken to save my life. Made doubly fun that my doctor told me not to eat any uncooked fruits or veggies there.

So for me, the best burger of my life was at the McDonalds at the Frankfort airport, when we finally returned to civilization.

9. JackReacher

The burgers were good, but the ordering/waiting/name-calling process is a debacle. Both times I went, you could barely hear the girl calling names over the mic. People standing around, getting in your way.

A couple little league teams were eating at the place we went yesterday and the place was packed. I mean slammed. We grabbed the first empty table we saw, right in front, which meant all 247 people who were waiting for their food were waiting two feet from me. Hated that.

They need a little electronic scroll or something. Or maybe waiters. Anything.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

All a matter of taste, homes. No problems with anyone who likes Fuddruckers. I don't.

Not sure where I'd send someone for the best burger around here.

11. JackReacher

The one I had at the Capital City Brewhouse, or whatever it's called, was absolutely fantastic. I forgot about that until now. Definitely in my top 10, maybe top 5.

12. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Hmmm ... the one by our house gives you a little electronic thingy the size of a coaster. It lights up and buzzes when your burger is ready. So there is no confusion.

Draft saved Draft deleted