1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best burger you've ever had

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Mar 31, 2008.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The only thing they gave out at the places I went were number tags for those who ordered shakes.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

The burgers are amazing. Be prepared to wait, though. I haven't been since Obama went. Even before that, there were long lines at peak times. They are actually moving into a larger space in the same strip (the owner was in the process of opening another place there) to accommodate the crowds. FYI -- they don't have fries.

3. JackReacher

Yeah. I've read that the burgers -- at least during the summer months -- come with corn on the cob and watermelon. Nice!

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Also - it's cash only.

5. JackReacher

I recently had a burger from the A&W All American Food, or whatever it's called....it was damn good. Very surprised.

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

American Kobe at Mandalay Bay? I'm putting this over/under at $24.50.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I did like the Bambi Burger at the Cambria Bar and Grill in 1985 while living in Minnesota. 1/2 pound Bambiburger (as opposed to Bamburger), fries and two beers for five bucks...

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Capital Ale House. Dollar burger night! Awesome call.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Bobby Flay is opening/has opened a burger joint down the shore near where my mother-in-law has a house. I'll have to check it out.

I've been to the place at the Parker Meridian -- I used to work right by there -- and wasn't blown away at all.

I loved Fuddruckers. When I was studying for the bar exam, I had zero cash for about 6 weeks until they paid us an advance. I probably had $20 a week for food, but I'd splurge and go to there every Thursday for dinner because they took credit cards. They lost money on the fixins bar with me.

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I like the local A&W for a few reasons.

1. It's also a Long John Silvers... and I love hushpuppies.
    2. Frozen mugs, root beer on tap.
    3. Free jukebox filled with 1960's music.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Had one a few weeks ago for dinner at the Chartres House in New Orleans (corner of Chartres and Toulouse Streets for those familiar with the city).
    God damn it was good.
    A half-pound angus burger where the taste from the burger and the fixins' just explode in your mouth. It was like heaven.
    That restaurant also serves a phenomenal cup of red beans and rice.

12. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Nope wasn't that bad. Not cheap (~$17 IIRC) but not as pricy as I expected. The turkey burger was ~$11 or so. The two pints of 09 Stone Old Guardian on my first visit, however, set me back more than my Kobe burger...

Draft saved Draft deleted