1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best burger you've ever had

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Mar 31, 2008.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I found a Roy Rogers a couple of weeks ago.
    The Double R Bar Burger still rules

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Fatburger is the shiznit. Still waiting for one here in piss-over country.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Second Kuma's location coming in the spring:

The impatient metalheads waiting either for a table or for food at the heavy-metal burger bar Kuma’s Corner, speculating about when the long-hungered-for second location would ever materialize, now need to wait only a couple more months, which is about equal to how long the wait felt in the first place. Kuma’s Too (666 W. Diversey Pkwy., 773-472-2666), a location surely chosen in part for its bitchin’ address, is scheduled to replace the Counter by February. With 73 seats, KT will be larger than the flagship. As for whether it will duplicate the hard-rock look, Michael Cain, the owner, says, “It’s going to be cute, I guess.” Here’s a rule of thumb for when it opens: If the line at the original stretches past Ravenswood, you’re better off turning around and going to the new place.

http://www.chicagomag.com/Radar/Dish/December-2012/The-Long-Awaited-Second-Location-of-Kumas-Corner-Gets-a-Location-and-a-Scheduled-Opening-Date/

4. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

I believe this was How I Met Your Mother Episode.

Joe's (on State Street, downtown Santa Barbara).

The Squeeze Inn (in Sacramento).

5. Mira

Mira Member

Bobcat Bite in Santa Fe, N.M., has a green chile cheeseburger that wins top prize for my best burger.

As far as my neck of the woods, nothing beats a cheeseburger from Elsa's in downtown Milwaukee.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Rossi's in Chambersburg, Trenton.

Top of the Hill Grill in Brattleboro.

The first Five Guys burger I ate in Ewing.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Paid my first visit to Port of Call in New Orleans last weekend. Not sure how I'd missed it before.

Worth the wait (which was well over an hour).

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No fries, right?

Great burger though.

9. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Ikes in spartanburg, s.c.
    only reason to go to carolina panther camp each summer?

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Twelve pages and no one has said furburger?

Gosh, with all the female personal grooming these days, is furburger becoming an endangered species?

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I rarely make it anywhere in the city with a three-digit address. We'll have to stick to going to the other one early to avoid the crowd.

12. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

I know I'm digging up a really old post, but just now saw this for some reason.

Backyard closed in my area and never really was busy. Building was torn down. A dentist office and Red Mango opened in its old location.

There's an AW about seven miles up the road from the office. Another one about 25 miles away. Neither is that busy or that good.

That being said, there are 9 McDonalds within 15 miles of the office, no Five Guys and only two Burger Kings.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted